Monday, 12 January 2015

I will also be ranting about customer service


Alone in my mind, doubting my sanity, upset, close to tears (or blood boiling) dwelling on the events of the day and swearing blind it would never happen again......

That's where it all started.


This blog is tribute to all those who had fallen prey to bad customer care and moved on. To all of those brave souls that made a complaint to make sure that no one else had to suffer. To all the people who though ...wait a minute they can't control this, they shouldn't have to deal with me" and raised it to upper management. This is to all of those who rose and fell in the sea of 
BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.



We will be raving (YAY) and ranting (BOO) about different customer experiences in Dubai (and maybe parts of the Middle East) so that you don't have to. If you have an experience to share, be it from the customer's side or the "other" side , please do! 

And so it begins....

1 comment:

  1. Dear Yasmin MK,
    I would like to say that your blog is very useful especially for those who go to Dubai for the first time. I plan to move there in a couple of months, so I’m looking forward to read your new posts. To show my gratitude and appreciation, let me share a really great free app I've recently discovered with you. It is called Carde at www.carde-app.com. All image content of top social networks is there. It can be helpful to you in communication with your foloowers. Thank you again and I am looking forward to your feedback!

    ReplyDelete